If marketing your dental practice more was one of your professional goals for 2021, we are here to help!
This post aims to give you great ideas and tools to help better market your dental practice for the month of February. In other words this is…
Your Dental Office’s February Marketing Guide
Let’s start off with the fun stuff. Here are the major Dental Holidays to celebrate in February 2021.
February is Gum Disease Awareness Month & Children’s Dental Health Month. February 9th is National Toothache Day, and Feb. 28th is Tooth Fairy day.
Way to market and celebrate Gum Disease Awareness Month
- Write a blog: Write and email your blog post out to your current, past and possible future patients. The blog can include signs of gum disease and what your office does to treat your patients. We use Constant Contact for our newsletter.
- Offer free gum disease screenings for new patients.
- Post about Gum Disease Awareness Month on your Social Media.
- Include a banner ad about Gum Disease Awareness Month on your website.
- FightGumDisease.Com has other great ideas to celebrate as well as great infographics and images to post on all your social platforms!
Ways to market and celebrate Children’s Dental Health Month
- Write a blog: Blog should include common parents concerns about Children’s dental health, such as first dental visit (when and what to expect), when teething occurs, how children should properly brush, thumb sucking issues and common dental ailments in children.
- Throw an event: Offer a free event to current and potential patients. Offer free goodies and hold a mini seminar where you answer common dental concerns parents may have. During the program, parents will learn about when children should have their first dental visit, ways to prevent early childhood caries, when to expect changes from primary to permanent teeth, proper brushing and flossing techniques, thumbsucking, dental sealants, choosing the right mouth protector for active children and adolescents, and teaching their children to say no to tobacco. Parents will also learn about the importance of regular dental examinations.
- Make sure to have goodies such as coloring books and small toys to treat your young patients with extra love all month long.
- Post about Children’s dental health on all your social media platforms.
- You can find other great tools to help market and celebrate Children’s Dental Health Month on the American Dental Association’s Website.
Ways to market and celebrate National Toothache Day on February 9th.
- Blog Post: Post about what causes toothaches and how to treat them.
- Use this as a great excuse to make those recare calls “February 9th is National Toothache day, and we don’t want you to get one, it is time for you to come in for a visit.”
- Post a fun Social Media post about it! Use this image or make your own on Canva. Make sure to link it back to your blog post.
Ways to market and Celebrate Tooth Fairy Day on February 28th.
- Do a blog post introducing all the “Tooth Fairies” in your office. This should include photos and fun facts about all your employees. Make sure to send this post out in your newsletter.
- Daily social media posts about your “Tooth Fairies”: Daily post should be 4 to 10 days+ (depends on how many employees you have) leading up Feb. 28th. Include photos and fun facts about your team.
- Have your team dress up as tooth fairies on Feb 28th. Make sure to have fun activities (like a tooth hunt) for the kids visiting your office. Post a picture of your dressed up team on all your social media platforms.
Other (Non-Dental) holidays to celebrate in February:
- February 1: National Freedom Day, National Dark Chocolate Day, National Serpent Day, National Baked Alaska Day, National Get Up Day
- February 2: Groundhog Day, National Hedgehog Day, National Tater Tot Day, National Ukulele Day
- February 3: Four Chaplains Day, National Missing Persons Day, National Carrot Cake Day, National Golden Retriever Day
- February 4: USO Day, World Cancer Day, National Homemade Soup Day
- February 5: National Weatherperson’s Day, World Nutella Day
- February 6: National Lame Duck Day, Pay a Compliment Day, National Frozen Yogurt Day
- February 7: National Send a Card to a Friend Day, Rose Day, National Fettuccine Alfredo Day, National Bubble Gum Day* (first Friday), National Wear Red Day* (first Friday), Give Kids a Smile Day* (first Friday)
- February 8: Take Your Child to the Library Day* (first Saturday), National Kite Flying Day, Opera Day, Read in the Bathtub Day
- February 9, National Pizza Day, World Marriage Day* (second Sunday)
- February 10: National Umbrella Day, Teddy Day, National Clean Out Your Computer Day* (second Monday)
- February 11: National Inventors’ Day, National Make a Friend Day, National Don’t Cry Over Spilled Milk Day, National Make a Friend Day, Get Out Your Guitar Day, International Day of Women and Girls in Science
- February 12: Abraham Lincoln’s Birthday, International Darwin Day
- February 13: World Radio Day, Galentine’s Day, National Tortellini Day
- February 14: Valentine’s Day, National Organ Donor Day
- February 15: National Gumdrop Day, Susan B. Anthony Day, National Bagel Day, Singles Awareness Day
- February 16: Do a Grouch a Favor Day, National Almond Day
- February 17: Presidents’ Day* (third Monday)
- February 18: National Battery Day, National Drink Wine Day
- February 19: National Chocolate Mint Day
- February 20: National Love Your Pet Day, National Muffin Day
- February 21: International Mother Language Day, National Sticky Bun Day, National Caregivers Day* (third Friday)
- February 22: George Washington’s Birthday, Be Humble Day, World Thinking Day, National Margarita Day
- February 23: National Banana Bread Day
- February 24: National Tortilla Chip Day
- February 25: National Chocolate Covered Nut Day, Let’s All Eat Right Day, National Clam Chowder Day, National Pancake Day, World Spay Day* (last Tuesday)
- February 26: Tell a Fairy Tale Day, National Pistachio Day
- February 27: No Brainer Day, International Polar Bear Day, National Chili Day, Digital Learning Day* (last Thursday)
- February 28: National Public Sleeping Day, National Chocolate Souffle Day, National Science Day
- February 29: Leap Day (every four years), World Rare Disease Day* (either 28 or 29 depending on year)
February Weekly Holidays and Observances
- Children’s Authors and Illustrators Week (first week)
- National School Counseling Week (first week)
- National Marriage Week (7-14)
- Congenital Heart Failure Awareness Week (second week)
- International Flirting Week (second week)
- Freelance Writers Appreciation Week (second week)
- Jell-O Week (second week)
- Great American Pizza Bake (second week)
- Random Acts of Kindness Week (third week)
- Engineers Week (third week, always encompasses George Washington’s Birthday on 22)
- National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (fourth week)
February Monthly Holidays and Observances
- American Heart Month
- Black History Month
- Canned Food Month
- Dog Training Education Month
- Friendship Month
- Great American Pie Month
- Library Lovers Month
- National Bake for Family Fun Month
- National Bird Feeding Month
- National Cat Health Month
- National Cherry Month
- National Embroidery Month
- National Grapefruit Month
- National Hot Breakfast Month
- National Snack Food Month
- National Youth Leadership Month
- Pet Dental Health Month
- Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
Popular Hashtags to use for the month of February to get more views on your social media:
#dentistry #dentist #dental #smile #odontologia #dentista #teeth #cosmeticdentistry #dentistryworld #dentalphotography #tooth #orthodontics #dentalcare #dentistrylife #dentalimplants #odonto #dentalhygienist #veneers #oralhealth #dentalstudent #dentalclinic #dentistlife #teethwhitening #dentalassistant #dentalhygiene #oralsurgery #smilemakeover #endodontics #odontologiaestetica #bhfyp #dentalhumor #healthyliving #toothbrush #healthyteeth #happyteeth #february #valentinesday #valentines #galentines # galentinesday #gumdiseaseawareness #gumdiseaseawarenessmonth #childrensdentalhealth #ChildrensDentalHealthMonth #toothache #toothacheday #nationaltoothacheday #toothfairyday #nationaltoothfairyday
I hope this post gives you some great motivation and ideas to market your practice. Now go get those patients!