March is such a wonderful month! It is the official start of Spring, DayLight Saving Time begins, and Dental Assistant Recognition Week is the first week of March!
This post aims to give you some ideas to market your Dental Practice during the month of March!
- Dental Assistants Recognition Week (1st week of March) – The first week of March is Dental Assistants Recognition Week! Make sure to celebrate all week long with gifts, lunches and fun events! You can find more ideas to celebrate Dental Assistant Appreciation Week HERE!
- Dentist Day (March 6) – To wrap up Dental Assistants Recognition Week, you get to thank your Dentist for all their love and support. This year’s Dentist Day falls on a Saturday, so make sure to try to celebrate before you leave for the weekend.
Daylight Saving Time Begins (March 14) – Make a post on Saturday March, 13 to remind all your followers to change their clocks. #daylightsavingtime
St. Patrick’s Day (March 17) – Make sure your team gets decked out in green! Post pictures to your social media account with the hashtags: #happystpatricksday #stpatricksday #stpaddy #greenteam
First day of Spring (March 20th) – Here is a gorgeous little graphic to post on your Instagram. Use #firstdayofspring #welcomespring #springishere
March Daily Holidays and Observances
- March 1: National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day, Fun Facts About Names Day
- March 2: Dr. Seuss’s Birthday, National Read Across America Day
- March 3: World Wildlife Day
- March 4: National Hug a G.I. Day, National Grammar Day, World Obesity Day, World Book Day
- March 5: Employee Appreciation Day, National Day of Unplugging* (first Friday of every March)
- March 6: National Dentist’s Day
- March 7: National Cereal Day
- March 8: International Women’s Day
- March 10: National Women and Girls HIV/AIDS Awareness Day, National Oreo Cookie Day
- March 11: Johnny Appleseed Day
- March 12: Plant a Flower Day
- March 13: National K-9 Veterans Day, Genealogy Day
- March 14: National Pi Day, Learn About Butterflies Day, National Potato Chip Day
- March 15: The Ides of March
- March 16: Freedom of Information Day, National Artichoke Day, National Panda Day
- March 17: St. Patrick’s Day
- March 18: Supreme Sacrifice Day, National Biodiesel Day, Absolutely Incredible Kid Day* (third Thursday of every March)
- March 19: National Poultry Day
- March 20: Equinox Earth Day, First Day of Spring*, International Day of Happiness
- March 21: National Teenager Day, International Day of Forests, World Down Syndrome Day, World Poetry Day
- March 22: World Water Day
- March 23: World Meteorology Day, National Puppy Day, American Diabetes Alert Day
- March 24: World Tuberculosis Day, National Cocktail Day
- March 25: Tolkien Reading Day, International Waffle Day
- March 26: Make Up Your Own Holiday Day, National Spinach Day
- March 28: Respect Your Cat Day
- March 29: National Mom and Pop Business Owners Day
- March 30: I am in Control Day, Take a Walk in the Park Day, National Doctors’ Day
- March 31: World Backup Day
Popular Hashtags to use in March:
#march #spring #dentalassistantappreciationweek #happystparticksday #weloveourdentalassistants #stpatricksday #green #nationaldentistday #dentistday #firstdayofspring #welcomespring #springishere #dentistry #dentist #dental #smile #odontologia #dentista #teeth #cosmeticdentistry #dentistryworld #dentalphotography #tooth #orthodontics #dentalcare #dentistrylife #dentalimplants #odonto #dentalhygienist #veneers #oralhealth #dentalstudent #dentalclinic #dentistlife #teethwhitening #dentalassistant #dentalhygiene #oralsurgery #smilemakeover #endodontics #odontologiaestetica #bhfyp #dentalhumor #healthyliving #toothbrush #healthyteeth #happyteeth
Other Marketing Ideas for March:
- The week leading up to St. Patricks Day give out “golden” tokens, that your patients can hand out to their friends. If their friend brings it back for a first appointment, both the referred and the referee get something awesome (free whitening kit, gift certificate, goodie bag, etc.).
- You can also go to the local businesses near your office and ask the HR department to hand them out.
- For Dental Assistant Appreciation week- send out an email to all your patients announcing that it is Dental Assistant Appreciation week. In the email include pictures of your Dental Assistants and something special about them. Finish off the email saying “Has any of our assistants made your visit to our office special? If so, we would love to hear about it! For the month of March, please leave us a Yelp, Google or Facebook review about how our dental assistant made your day special. On March 31st, we will have a drawing of all those that left reviews and the winner will get a “Name prize.”
- Want more reviews for your office? Read How to Get More 5-Star Reviews.
And there is your marketing toolkit for March. If you have any other great marketing ideas please leave them in the comments.