June brings us into the halfway point of the year. It also is the month that holds the longest day of the year (June 20th). Let’s take a look at all that we have to celebrate during this amazing month and discuss how it can bring in new patients!
National Smiles Month – Pick a dental focused charity (like Fresh Start Surgical Gifts) and donate your time to helping those in need get a beautiful smile. Other ideas on how to celebrate can be found here.
Toothbrush day (June 26) – Throw a “Brush-A-Thon” where you have your patients take a photo or video of them brushing their teeth and have them tag your office in their post. Make sure to pick a winner and offer a great prize (maybe a new fancy toothbrush?)
Father’s day (June 20) – Honor all the fathers in your practice by offering a raffle! In your newsletter tell your patients to write a review about how well your practice took care of them, their husbands, fathers or children. Whoever writes a review will be entered into a raffle to win an amazing father’s day package (golf day, MLB tickets or a spa day at a nearby hotel). Draw the winner on that Friday before Father’s Day and make sure to tag them on Social Media! Use hashtags #Fathersday #weloveyoudad #smile
June Daily Holidays and Observances
- June 1: Dare Day, Flip a Coin Day, International Dinosaur Day, Global Day of Parents
- June 2: National Rocky Road Day, National Bubba Day, National Leave the Office Early Day (unless falling on a weekend, in which case it is the closest working day)
- June 3: Repeat Day, World Bicycle Day
- June 4: Hug Your Cat Day, National Cheese Day, National Doughnut Day (first Friday)
- June 5: World Environment Day, Hot Air Balloon Day, National Trails Day (first Saturday)
- June 6: World War II D-Day Anniversary, National Yo-Yo Day, Applesauce Cake Day, National Frozen Yogurt Day (first Sunday)
- June 7: Daniel Boone Day, National Chocolate Ice Cream Day
- June 8: World Ocean Day, Best Friends Day
- June 9: Donald Duck Day, National Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Day
- June 10: Ball Point Pen Day, Herbs and Spices Day, Iced Tea Day
- June 11: National Corn on the Cob Day
- June 12: National Red Rose Day, National Peanut Butter Cookie Day
- June 13: National Sewing Machine Day, National Weed Your Garden Day
- June 14: The U.S. Army Birthday, Flag Day, Monkey Around Day
- June 15: National Nature Photography Day, National Smile Power Day
- June 16: Fresh Veggies Day
- June 17: National Eat Your Vegetables Day
- June 18: International Picnic Day, National Go Fishing Day, National Splurge Day, International Sushi Day, National Flip Flop Day (third Friday)
- June 19: Juneteenth, World Sauntering Day, National Hollerin’ Day (third Saturday)
- June 20: Father’s Day (third Sunday), American Bald Eagle Day, Ice Cream Soda Day, National Turkey Lovers Day (third Sunday)
- June 21: Go Skateboarding Day, International Yoga Day, National Seashell Day, National Selfie Day, Summer Solstice/Summer Begins (varies)
- June 22: World Rainforest Day, National Chocolate Eclair Day, National Onion Ring Day
- June 23: International Widows’ Day, Let It Go Day, National Pink Day
- June 24: Celebration of the Senses, Swim a Lap Day, International Fairy Day, National Handshake Day (last Thursday)
- June 25: National Catfish Day, Take Your Dog to Work Day (Friday after Father’s Day)
- June 26: National Chocolate Pudding Day, Great American Backyard Campout (fourth Saturday)
- June 27: National Onion Day, Paul Bunyan Day, Log Cabin Day (last Sunday), Descendants’ Day (last Sunday)
- June 28: Insurance Awareness Day, International Body Piercing Day
- June 29: Hug Holiday Day, International Mud Day, National Camera Day
- June 30: Meteor Day
Popular Hashtags to use in June:
#June #summersolstice #summer #summertime #nationalsmilesmonth #toothbrushday #longestdayoftheyear #juneteeth #fathersday #happyfathersday #dad #dentistry #dentist #dental #smile #odontologia #dentista #teeth #cosmeticdentistry #dentistryworld #dentalphotography #tooth #orthodontics #dentalcare #dentistrylife #dentalimplants #odonto #dentalhygienist #veneers #oralhealth #dentalstudent #dentalclinic #dentistlife #teethwhitening #dentalassistant #dentalhygiene #oralsurgery #smilemakeover #endodontics #odontologiaestetica #bhfyp #dentalhumor #healthyliving #toothbrush #healthyteeth #happyteeth
Other Marketing Ideas for June:
- Make sure you are doing the basics when it comes to attracting new patients to your practice.
- Keep marketing directly to your local small businesses.
- Write a blog and email out to your patients about National Smiles Month and let them know how you and your team are celebrating.
- Write a blog and email it out to your patients about Toothbrush day and tell them what toothbrushes you recommend and why.
- Create a Father’s Day Goodie bag that includes high-end floss and an eclectic toothbrush and offer it at a discounted price so your patients can treat their fathers to good oral health.
There is your June Marketing Toolkit. If you have any other great ideas to market dental practices in the month of May, make sure to leave it in the comments!