April Showers Bring May Showers. So let’s make it rain some cash on your dental practice with this month’s Dental Practice Marketing Ideas.
Oral Cancer Awareness Month – Do your part by offering Oral Cancer Screenings to all your patients. Or you could hold an event where you block off 3 to 4 hours and open your practice to walk-ins who would like to be screened. You can find others ways to do your part here.
National Facial Protection Month – April is also National Facial Protection Month. Take this opportunity to chat with all your athlete patients about the benefits of a properly fitted mouth guard.
April Fools Day (April 1st) – Find a fun way to fool your social media followers. This one always gets me.
Easter Sunday (April 4th) – The week leading up to Easter – hide little easter eggs around the office with some fun treasures inside! Make sure to share all the fun your patients are having on your social media and website.
Tax Day (April 15th) – Ok, not a holiday, but find a way to make it fun. Like hold a contest where people show off their “Cutest Tax Deduction” (their kids). Tell them to tag you and whoever has the most likes gets a prize.
April Daily Holidays and Observances
- April 1: April Fools’ Day, International Fun at Work Day, National Burrito Day* (first Thursday)
- April 2: World Autism Awareness Day, International Children’s Book Day*, National Peanut Butter and Jelly Day, National Ferret Day, National Walk to Work Day* (first Friday)
- April 3: National Find a Rainbow Day, World Party Day
- April 4: National Hug a Newsperson Day, National Geologists Day* (first Sunday), International Carrot Cake Day
- April 5: National Deep Dish Pizza Day, National Dandelion Day, Read a Road Map Day
- April 6: National Siamese Cat Day, National Student-Athlete Day
- April 7: National Beer Day, World Health Day, International Beaver Day, National No Housework Day, National Walking Day* (first Wednesday), National Bookmobile Day*
- April 8: National Empanada Day, Draw a Picture of a Bird Day, Zoo Lovers Day
- April 9: National Winston Churchill Day, National Name Yourself Day, Day of Silence* (second Friday)
- April 10: National Hug Your Dog Day, National Siblings Day, Golfer’s Day, National Farm Animals Day
- April 11: National Pet Day, National Submarine Day
- April 12: National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day, National Licorice Day, International Day of Human Space Flight
- April 13: National Make Lunch Count Day, National Scrabble Day, International Plant Appreciation Day, National Peach Cobbler Day, International Be Kind to Lawyers Day*
- April 14: National Ex-Spouse Day, International Moment of Laughter Day, Look Up at the Sky Day, National Dolphin Day, School Librarians’ Day, National Library Workers Day*
- April 15: National Laundry Day, Titanic Remembrance Day, World Art Day, National D.A.R.E. Day (Drug Abuse Resistance Education), National High Five Day*
- April 16: Wear Pajamas to Work Day, National Stress Awareness Day, Save the Elephant Day
- April 17: National Cheeseball Day, International Bat Appreciation Day, National Haiku Poetry Day, Husband Appreciation Day* (third Saturday)
- April 18: National Velociraptor Awareness Day, The National Columnists Day
- April 19: National Garlic Day, Patriots Day* (third Monday)
- April 20: Chinese Language Day, National Look-Alike Day, Volunteer Recognition Day
- April 21: National Bulldogs are Beautiful Day, National Kindergarten Day, Administrative Professionals Day*
- April 22: Earth Day, National Jelly Bean Day, Girl Scout Leader Day, Annual Teach Children to Save Day* (varies in April), Take Your Daughter and Son to Work Day* (fourth Thursday)
- April 23: National Picnic Day, World Book and Copyright Day, Lover’s Day, National Take a Chance Day
- April 24: World Laboratory Day
- April 25: National DNA Day, National Hug a Plumber Day, National Telephone Day, World Malaria Day, World Penguin Day, National Zucchini Bread Day, National Hairstylist Appreciation Day*
- April 26: National Pretzel Day
- April 27: National Prime Rib Day, Morse Code Day, Babe Ruth Day, National Tell a Story Day
- April 28: National Superhero Day, National Kiss Your Mate Day, International Guide Dog Day* (last Wednesday)
- April 29: International Dance Day, International Shrimp Scampi Day, National Zipper Day
- April 30: International Jazz Day, National Honesty Day, National Raisin Day, National Mahjong Day, National Arbor Day* (last Friday)
Popular Hashtags to use in April:
#April #spring #springtime #baseball #openingday #oralcancerawareness #oralcancer #oralcancerawarenessmonth #aprilfools #happyaprilfools #easter #happyeaster #easterbunny #bunny #eastereggs #taxes #taxday #cutesttaxdeduction #earthday #earth #dentistry #dentist #dental #smile #odontologia #dentista #teeth #cosmeticdentistry #dentistryworld #dentalphotography #tooth #orthodontics #dentalcare #dentistrylife #dentalimplants #odonto #dentalhygienist #veneers #oralhealth #dentalstudent #dentalclinic #dentistlife #teethwhitening #dentalassistant #dentalhygiene #oralsurgery #smilemakeover #endodontics #odontologiaestetica #bhfyp #dentalhumor #healthyliving #toothbrush #healthyteeth #happyteeth
Other Marketing Ideas for April:
- Start marketing directly to your local small businesses.
- Write a blog and email out to your patients about Oral Cancer Awareness Month. Make sure to include that your office offers screenings.
- Write a blog and email it out to your patients about National Facial Protection Month. Use that baseball is returning as a good lead in. Discuss a first hand account of a dental related sport accident. Make sure they know about all their options when it comes to finding the correct facial protection.
- The week leading up to Easter give out Easter Eggs, that your patients can hand out to their friends. If their friend brings it back for a first appointment, both the referred and the referee get something awesome (free whitening kit, gift certificate, goodie bag, etc.).
- You can also hand these Easter Eggs out to local businesses in your area.
- Get your team involved and excited! Offer incentives ($5 bonus) for every Oral Cancer screening they do.
- Here are more ways to get your team involved.
There is your April Marketing Toolkit. If you have any other great ideas to market dental practices in the month of April, make sure to leave it in the comments!